SM Megamall is home to the following attractions:
1. SM Mega Cinemas - known to be the main barometer if a film is doing good or not. Megamall boasts of 12 cinemas.
2. SM Megatrade Hall - known to be the first venues for exhibits and sales, this can be found on the top level of Building B. The annual Toy Convention (ToyCon)is also held here. You will see all the awesome anime characters come to life.
3. Mega Atrium - an upscale portion of the bridgeway where concert and events happen. This is where the chapel can be found as well.
4. SM Events Center (formerly Ice Skating Rink) - yes folks, the ice skating rink is not there anymore
5. Cyberzone - probably one of the biggest aggregation of digital/computer stores in the country.
6. Megastrip - some coffeeshops and good restaurants can be found here.
7. Bowling Alleys, Foodcourt
Directions on how to get to SM Megamall:
From the north:
Option 1. You can ride a bus passing through EDSA (Crossing-Ibabaw) going to Ayala or Baclaran and go down in Ortigas. Make sure that you go down on the designated spot (there is a footbridge to cross EDSA).
Option 2. You can also take the MRT and get down at Ortigas Station and walk a bit until you get to Megamall (this will only take less than 10 minutes). If ever you miss Ortigas Station, don't worry as Shaw Blvd Station is also close to SM Megamall, you can get down in that station or use the crossing platform to ride the northbound line (only Shaw, Cubao, Taft, Ayala, and Buendia) has options to cross platforms without repaying).From the south:
Option 1. You can ride a bus passing through EDSA (Crossing-Ibabaw) going to Monumento or Fairview and go down in Ortigas.
Option 2. You can also take the MRT and get down at Ortigas Station and walk a bit until you get to Megamall (this will only take less than 10 minutes).If you are somewhere around Tiendesitas (on the east side) or Greenhills (on the west side), there are jeepneys and buses that do pass by SM Megamall, just try to ask around for the nearest jeepney or bus stop.
If you are in the Ortigas area, it is advisable to walk because it is healthier and Megamall is just around the corner.
Of course, you can ride a taxicab from any area around the metro and just mention "Megamall" or "Ortigas" and the driver already knows where to go.
Here's a map around the Megamall area via Google Maps:
Other landmarks and structures around Megamall are The Podium, St. Francis Square, Asian Development Bank, Oakwood Premier, Discovery Hotel, EDSA Shangri-la, San Miguel Corp. building, BDO, Jollibee Corp building, Star Mall, Robinsons Mall, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Emerald Avenue, J. Vargas, Tektite Building, Poveda School, Lourdes School of Mandaluyong, Enderun Colleges, Asia Pacific Colleges, and St. Paul Pasig.
*photo from shangstfrancis.wordpress.com
Get the latest updates via our Facebook page!